Wednesday, 13 June 2012
How to Focus Your Marketing with Social Media
Social media is one of the newest ways to market your company on the internet. However, many site owners are just not taking advantage of social media, either because they don't know how or they don't realize how much their business could benefit. Don't fall into that trap! Here are some ways you can use social media to market your business and boost your bottom line.
1. Find out which social media sites your target market goes to. If your target market is suburban mothers in their 30s, they may use Facebook. Conversely, if your market is teenagers, they may use Tumblr instead. Social media won't help you at all if you don't keep your focus on your target market.
2. Post helpful content on your social media websites. You can only succeed in marketing when potential visitors visit your site. By posting relevant content on social media, people are encouraged to find out more from you. Even better, they can share your link almost instantaneously with everyone on their network. You are definitely going to boost traffic by posting useful content.
3. Have a sense of integrity. That means that it is not a good idea to be spammy. Don't collect contacts just to spam them with your product links. Not only is that incredibly rude, but put yourself in their place; how often do you respond to someone who spams you?
4. Remain focused. It is very easy on social media to fall into anecdotal updates that have no connection to the subject you are trying to market. Save the stories about your cat and your favorite coffee for your personal social media profiles.
5. Don't go for the hard sell. Social media is not the same as some other marketing methods. People on social media can still be encouraged to buy things they need, but using the regular hard sell is frowned upon and makes you easily de-friended and ignored. Use a softer sell approach that focuses on value.
6. Be different. Social media is a great place to get creative. Everything is so easy to share that anything you do that is unusual or different stands a bigger chance of being shared and talked about by a lot of people. Come up with a viral video or a contest, and watch your site visitors increase tenfold!
7. Don't be a nuisance. You may find yourself wanting to post something every hour while you are watching whether anyone is visiting your site. Don't do that. Keep yourself to 2 or 3 posts in a day unless you are directly responding to people. Feel free to interact and reply to others, but do not initiate so many posts that people mentally block them out.
8. Maintain branding. Do not forget to customize your social media profiles so that they are consistent with your website and other promotional materials. Failing to do this can cause confusion and look shoddy.
Social media is a smart addition to any Internet marketing plan. Use these tips and you will see results.
Monday, 4 June 2012
Approaching Article Marketing With Neuro-Linguistics
Neuro-linguistics has been used in advertising for decades to convince consumers to make every kind of purchase known to man. It's also a very effective tool for article marketing in order to entice targeted customers to your site to make purchases. Continue reading to find out helpful tips for using neuro-linguistics along with your other article marketing strategies.
The best way to write an article and keep someone intrigued is to write a story. People are enveloped by stories, and they captivate their attention. While reading a story, your guard is let down, as you enjoy the story and get caught up in the emotions. Of course with emotions, you are more likely to make an impulsive decision.
Make sure you fully let the reader know what the benefits are of pursuing the purchase of the product. While your article is niche specific and content about the product, it must also sell the product. Make sure you let them know what the product can do for them!
Make sure you stay positive. Many people say that writing controversial material can help you get noticed. While that is true, that doesn't mean writing with a negative tone. You want to sound positive at all times, no matter which direction you are taking. In other words, you can always be positive. Why is this important? It's important because you need to be positively leading the targeted visitor in the direction that you need them to go.
Your article or "story" should be leading them to a point where its time to purchase. As a matter of fact, there should be a point in your article where you're telling them it's time to click to visit your site and make a purchase. This needs to be done very strategically, so make sure you're doing it the right way.
Make sure you speak to the five senses. Why is that? Because that's how people judge and make decisions. The more senses you can include the better. If you can speak to smell, taste, hearing, sight, and touch, you are going to be selling a product that appeals to them in every way.
There are many ways to use subconscious demands in your articles in order to get people to purchase your products. Of course, this is done very subtly, and it's much different from the part where you tell the person when to click here. Of course, subconscious commands have worked for years, so if you can find a way to incorporate them into your advertising strategies, you're going to really benefit from doing that.
Now that you know about neuro-linguistics, you can see how it can really go a long way in helping you secure more profits through your targeted visitors. It's not just writing that you have to do. It's not just SEO that you have to do. Neuro-linguistics can really help your conversion rate, so remember the tips you've read here as you continue to pursue your article marketing endeavors.